A leaky faucet can do more damage than you realize. Consistent maintenance and care by Plumb Perfect Plumbing can identify the signs of leaking water and confront the cause.
Our water leak detection tools and repair the source, the more we can reduce property damage. Call us today to schedule your property inspection!
If you need to replace your faucets, Plumb Perfect Plumbing has you covered. Reach out to us for faucet replacements, installations, and more!
What Happens With an Unattended Leak
Water leaks can cause issues quickly, especially if you are unaware of their presence. Within the first 24 hours of a persistent leak, its presence can damage the integrity of your property, including:
- Wood rot
- Mold growth
- Electrical malfunctions
- Wall and floor damage
Over time, the hidden leak can cause structural and foundation issues that make your home unsafe. Call a water leak repair company like Plumb Perfect Plumbing if you notice any signs of a potential pipe leak, like bulging wall materials or musty smells.
What Can Cause Pipe Leaks
Pipe leakage can come from several internal sources, sometimes requiring water leak detection services. Consistent pipeline maintenance can catch and prevent many of these issues, while others may occur suddenly:
- Broken water seals: The places where pipes connect also have seals to keep the water flowing in the correct direction. Worn seals can leak water.
- Tree root infiltration: Tree roots seek moisture, even from sewage lines. If they find pipes and sense condensation from them, the roots can damage the system to gain access.
- Clogged water lines: As clogs form in the pipe system, the inner pressure increases, straining the system materials and springing leaks.
- Rapid temperature changes: Temperatures affect piping materials, causing them to expand and contract depending on the conditions. Too many changes can form cracks and leaks.
- Excessively high water pressure: High internal pressure can cause the pipe to weaken, leading to cracks and leaks.
A burst pipe wastes a lot more water than a leak does. Be sure you know what to do if your pipes burst by calling our experts!
What We Use To Detect Leaks
At Plumb Perfect Plumbing, we use the latest technology and equipment to detect leaks in your home in Spotsylvania, VA. So, rest assured that we’ll get right into the problem and fix it promptly.
Our expert plumbers use many types of tools to detect leaks. Some of the most popular tools include acoustic listening devices, video pipe inspectors, and heat scanners.
Acoustic listening devices can find dripping or flowing noises within the walls or floors. High-quality versions can even notice these flows through concrete.
Video pipe inspector tools can snake down the pipes and find locations where water leaks out. Heat scanners can find spots where the temperatures change due to water exposure.