A burst pipe can cause substantial damage to your property the longer you leave it unaddressed. We at Plumb Perfect Plumbing recommend calling emergency services in Spotsylvania, VA, if you notice the signs and symptoms of water damage.
With our flat-rate pricing model and financing options, you don’t have to break the bank for your burst pipe repair. Our Plumb Perfect Plumbing team can quickly address any plumbing issue. Call us immediately if you suspect a pipe has burst in your home!
Are you considering a tankless water heater? Our polite and professional plumbers can help you make the best choice for your home!
What Damage Can Burst Pipes Cause?
Burst pipes can lead to substantial damage to your property in Spotsylvania, VA. The main risk includes water damage due to overflowing water in areas it shouldn’t be.
For example, if a pipe bursts, the water can seep into the wall and flooring materials, causing them to weaken. Moreover, if electrical lines in the walls contact the water, the sparks can start a fire. Standing water can also contain dangerous contaminants.
A burst pipe repair is an emergency plumbing service. Immediately contact a trusted plumbing expert like Plumb Perfect Plumbing to fix the problem.
Reasons Your Pipes Might Burst
Pipes occasionally burst due to a few outlier conditions. In almost all cases, the circumstances cause too much pressure to build up in the system:
- Old age
- Shifting soil
- Hard water buildup
- Tree root invasions
- Frozen outside hose bib
- Frozen indoor or outdoor pipes
Emergency burst pipe repair services may include frozen pipe repair or hose bib replacement to resolve the issue. No matter what the job entails, we will let you know our flat-rate pricing without hidden fees.
Confront nasty sewage smells with our drain cleaning services! Call us today to know your options.
What To Do if You Notice a Burst Pipe
This step-by-step reference can help you through any burst pipe emergency:
- Shut Off: Try to turn off your main water valve and the electrical breaker to reduce spillage and danger, but if water has made contact with electrical wiring, stay away to stay safe
- Make a Call: Call a trustworthy emergency plumber for burst pipe repair services to arrive on the same day
- Keep a Record: Take photos and videos of the damage and keep them for your records so you may be able to get financial help from your homeowners’ insurance
- Increase Air Exposure: Open the doors and windows to help water flush out and start the drying process, but if it is cold outside, wait until the experts arrive
- Communicate: Update your plumbing expert on what you did in preparation once they arrive