There is no aspect of modern plumbing that we rely on to the same degree as a properly functioning toilet. Whether your current toilet requires repairs or you would like to install a newer, more eco-friendly toilet, our Fredericksburg, VA plumbers can help. We are dedicated to serving the needs of families throughout Virginia.
We will find a unit with the perfect price tag and feel for you! Call Plumb Perfect Plumbing or contact us online today.
Clogged Toilet Repair Service
Clogged toilets are one of the most common plumbing issues plumbers face, and for many people, it’s an emergency when the toilet is ready to overflow. You can try to fix the clog yourself by using a plunger, which you can buy at your local hardware store.
Another way to deal with a clog is by using a chemical cleaning product or if you fear they may be too harsh on your pipes, you can try old home remedies like hot water, vinegar, and baking soda. If you’ve tried everything and the clog remains, call Plumb Perfect Plumbing and ask about our clogged toilet repair service.
Why Toilets Clog & How to Prevent It
Toilets become clogged for a variety of reasons; it can sometimes be things we flush down the toilet or a mechanical problem. Here are the most common reasons toilets clog and what you can do to prevent it.
- Low Flow Toilets: While low flow toilets are great at saving you money on your water bills, some older models lack the flushing power to properly remove waste, which leads to buildups.
- Old Drains: Old drains often suffer damage either from tree roots or settling of the home’s foundation, which restrict water flow through the plumbing.
- Blocked Trap: The toilet trap is located behind the bowl and shaped like the letter S. Sometimes, toys, toilet paper, paper towels and other debris get stuck in the trap and cause a clog.
- Too Much Toilet Paper: If you have to use a lot of toilet paper, flush several times during use instead of all at once.
- Flushing Non-Flushable Items: Don’t flush feminine hygiene products, paper towels, or personal wipes down the toilet.
Signs of Toilet Problems
It is helpful to have an idea of how toilets tend to malfunction so that you can catch the warning signs early and address the problem before it brings your household to a screeching halt.
The most common plumbing issues that arise with toilets are:
- Weak flushing that stems from an issue with the water levels
- Consistent clogs that require constant plunging and often indicate there is a more serious problem deeper in the system
- Running water that hikes up your water bill and can cause secondary problems
- Overflowing when the flapper valve is failing to close as it should
- Leaking when the seals start to wear down and lose their effectiveness
- Our Fredericksburg toilet repair technicians can assess your problem and determine the right solution to solve it. Whether we can perform a repair or must recommend a replacement.
Turn to Plumbing Perfect Plumbing for all your plumbing service needs and ensure the work gets done right the first time!
Selecting the Right Toilet Replacement
There are a surprising number of toilets on the market. Each model prioritizes different qualities and has its own unique combination of features. Our role as your trusted Fredericksburg plumber is to help you sift through the information and decide which type of toilet best fits into your home and meshes with the overall look and feel of your bathroom.
We excel at laying the information out for our customers in a way that allows them to quickly compare and contrast the details of each toilet they are considering. Together, we will find the ideal toilet for your home.