Leaks and other water line problems will only get worse if left unsolved. Because the water line in your home is one of the most important parts of your plumbing system, it is important to ensure it is functioning flawlessly day in and day out.
Our Fredericksburg plumbers can help keep your water line in great shape with our comprehensive repair and replacement services. Burst pipes and leaks are no match for our team – when you have a water line problem, you can count on our professionals to solve it quickly and effectively.
Experiencing a plumbing problem? Call Plumb Perfect Plumbing at or contact us online today to schedule a water line repair.
What to Consider When Getting Water Line Repair
Water line repair can be a complicated, expensive undertaking, so you must be sure before you dig up the yard or street.
- Water Supply Line Location: The water line under the street that brings fresh water to your home is durable and designed to last a long time. However, many things can cause that line to weaken and rupture, including tree roots, corrosion, and the pipe material that was used initially.
- Obstruction: Another factor to consider are obstructions that pose a challenge to access the line; obstacles like tree roots and stumps are the most common and will increase the price of the repair.
- Water Main Depth: How deep you have to go with the service trench determines how expensive the job will be. Sometimes, customers opt to do this themselves or hire a sewer and water installation company that offers competitive prices to do the job.
- Location: Where you live often is a determining factor in how much the cost of the repair project. In most places, one can use PVC or PEX tubing, which is cost-effective. However, in climates where freezing and deep ground frost are an issue, these are poor choices. Also, in some parts of the country, copper isn’t allowed because of the soil’s corrosive elements.
- Licensing Issues: In most cases, you have to get permits before you can dig for a water line. Make sure you do your due diligence so you don’t slow down the contractor, which will add to the job’s final cost.
- Mineral Stains: If your water is stained red or brown, it signals an issue with your supply pipe.
- Wet Patches In Your Yard: If you haven’t seen rain in a while, but have soggy patches on your lawn, it could mean that your water line is broken and is leaking.
When to Suspect a Water Line Problem
Homeowners who are not familiar with the many complexities of their plumbing systems may not always be able to detect when there is an issue with the water line.
Warning signs of a potential water line problem include:
- Sudden spikes in water bills
- Puddles of water in your home
- Pooling water around your property
- Damp drywall and ceilings
- Low water pressure
- Sounds of running water when fixtures are not in use
- Foul odors
If you notice any of these warning signs, we recommend calling in our professionals right away. Our technicians undergo rigorous training and have extensive experience locating leaks and diagnosing water line issues. When we arrive at your home, we will conduct a thorough inspection and determine the cause of the problem quickly.
Effective Repairs When You Need Them
We make every effort to keep our technicians’ trucks fully equipped with all the tools, plumbing parts, and supplies that may be needed to repair your water line on the spot. We strive to solve your problem in one visit whenever possible.
Whether you are dealing with a leak, a burst pipe, or some other kind of issue, our Fredericksburg water line technicians can explain the type of repair needed. We will ensure you understand the extent of the damage and why we are recommending a certain repair. Our water line repair technicians will offer up-front pricing so that there are no surprises during or after the repair service.
Need a repiping at home? Give us a call for Give us a call for expert repiping services.
Replacing Your Water Line
Sometimes, a water line is so severely damaged or outdated that it needs to be replaced entirely. If this is the case with the water line in your home, you can count on Plumb Perfect Plumbing to get a brand new line installed quickly and effectively.
There are a few ways we can complete your water line replacement in Fredericksburg, but we will often opt for a trenchless method. Using this unobtrusive technique, we can avoid digging up your lawn or landscaping and keep your property neat and tidy.