Without your realizing, there could be a clog forming somewhere in your main sewer line, threatening to create a major blockage in your system and a major headache for your family. A problem with your sewer pipe can make a big mess that threatens the health and well-being of your household. To solve the problem quickly and effectively, count on the professionals at Plumb Perfect Plumbing.
Our Fredericksburg plumbers can solve problems including:
- Broken or collapsed sewer pipes
- Blocked or clogged pipes
To request sewer line services in Fredericksburg, give us a call or contact us online today.
What Causes the Need for Main Sewer Line Repair?
Your main sewer pipe is the most important pipe in your home’s plumbing. If you develop a clog or leak in the main line, it affects nearly everything piece of plumbing in the house. When people misuse their drains, it takes a toll on the main sewer line over time. Here are the main reasons you may need sewer line repair.
- Damage: Sometimes, main sewer lines become damaged by shifting soil or the use of heavy equipment up top. Other times, the damage comes from corrosion due to the pipe’s age. This damage causes joints to fail and leaks to occur.
- Sagging Line: Over time, some sewer lines sag because of poor soil conditions. Sagging causes stress on the pipe, which can lead to ruptures.
- Tree Roots: Many old sewer pipes were made from porous materials like clay, and tree roots naturally seek out an available water source. Other times, small leaks lead to tree root infiltration too. Once the roots grow into the pipe, the clog forms, and the pipe may eventually break.
- Flushing Non-Flushable Items: Many people flush things they shouldn’t down the toilet, such as feminine hygiene products and personal wipes. The only things you should ever flush are human waste and toilet paper.
- Grease & Fat: When cooking, don’t pour cooking grease, oil, or fat down the drain. Dispose of these materials by pouring them into a container such as a coffee can and putting it in the trash. Grease and fat harden when they cool and clogs your pipes.
Fast Repairs Done Right
Leaks, clogs, and cracks are no match for our team. Our Fredericksburg plumbing repair technicians have what it takes to solve your problem quickly with a solution that will last.
You may need sewer line repair services if you notice:
- Foul odors
- Frequent drain backups
- Clogs in multiple fixtures (such as a sink, shower, and toilet)
- Gurgling noises when you flush the toilet
- Bubbling toilet water
- Soggy patches of grass in your lawn
If you see any of these warning signs, it’s better to be safe than sorry – call in our Fredericksburg sewer line repair technicians. Using advanced video inspection technology, we can assess the problem and determine the best solution. We may recommend relining your pipes, replacing sections of piping, or replacing the pipe entirely.
Sewer Line Replacement
Some sewer line problems are too complicated to be solved by a simple repair – and some pipes are simply too old to function effectively. Whether you have had a series of problems with your sewer pipe or it has just become outdated, replacing it can be an effective solution that Plumb Perfect Plumbing is ready to provide. We will only recommend replacement if we genuinely believe it is the best solution for your home. You can rest assured that your sewer line is in good hands with our team.
We also do trenchless sewer repairs! Give us a call to find out if that’s the right option for you.