Replacing a sewer line is a significant project that you can’t trust just anyone to do it safely and correctly. With so many things that can go wrong and the future of your home’s plumbing at stake, you must call experts with the experience to do the job right the first time. At Plumb Perfect, we’ve been serving Fredericksburg, VA, area residents for over two decades, delivering the highest quality plumbing fixes at the best prices. Call us today for your appointment.
Pipes that are over 50 years old are in danger of bursting because of corrosion. Check out our repiping service to bring your home’s plumbing up to date.
5 Signs You Need Sewer Line Replacement
Identifying plumbing problems can be tricky because multiple problems can exhibit the same symptoms. For main sewer lines, here are some signs to watch out for that say it’s time for a repair or replacement.
- Low Water Level: If the water levels in your toilets fluctuate from day to day, it could be a sign you have damage in your main sewer line.
- Foul Odor: When you smell sewage odor coming from the ground or up through your drains, call a plumber to find out if it’s in your main line.
- Slow Drains: Another sign that there’s trouble in your main water line is if your drains run slowly.
- Foundation Cracks: Cracking in your home’s foundation or the walls are signs of serious problems. And while it may have nothing to do with your plumbing, there’s always the chance that it might.
- Mold: If you have damp, musty places in the home where mold grows no matter how much you clean, it could be because you have cracks in your main sewer line.
Call us if you notice any of the above symptoms so we can diagnose the problem and recommend a fix.
What Is Trenchless Sewer Line Repair?
Often, repairing the main sewer line means digging up a trench, which impacts your landscape and sidewalks. However, thanks to advanced technology and equipment, we can repair main sewer lines without digging destructive trenches. Besides saving your yard, trenchless pipe repair saves money too because it’s not as labor-intensive as other methods and requires less heavy equipment to accomplish. Not every sewer line problem is a candidate for trenchless repair, so call us to find out how we can help.
Are you sick of the way your bathroom looks and functions? Check out our bathroom remodeling service for a new, fresh look that adds value and convenience to your home.
Causes of Sewer Line Problems
Think of the main sewer line to your home as the main artery that every other pipe is attached to. When you have a crack or block in the main line, you have trouble throughout your home. The best way to prevent having to get sewer line replacement is to treat your main line properly and know what causes blockages so you can avoid them. Here are the most common causes of sewer line blocks.
- Damage: Sewer pipes become damaged because of age and shifting soil. Beware of running heavy equipment over your main line.
- Tree Roots: Sometimes, when old sewer lines corrode and crack, tree and shrub roots are attracted to the water source and clog the pipe.
- Flushing Non-Flushable Items: Beware of what you flush down the toilet because if it’s anything other than human waste or toilet paper, you run the risk of developing clogs.
- Grease: Don’t pour grease or cooking fat down the drain because it accumulates and leads to blockages. Instead, pour these items into a jar or coffee can and throw them away in your trash.